Monday, March 16, 2009

Social Networking

Social networking seems to be all the rage these days. Anyone with a teenager in the house can confirm that. I’ve had a Facebook account for some time now but I must admit, my sole reason for getting an account in the first place was to keep an eye on my daughter’s page. The safety issue is a concern.

There’s no doubt that social networking sites are a great way to connect people who share similar interests. Occasionally, my daughter and her friends even discuss homework assignments on Facebook but I don’t see me getting addicted any time soon, that’s for sure.

Seeing what is posted on some people’s profiles and the poor judgment some people use in what they disclose, makes me very cautious about what I put on my own. I’m all for social networking but I still like the face to face kind best.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha "my sole reason for getting an account in the first place was to keep an eye on my daughter’s page" I don't want to think about what kind of technology I need to know to keep tabs on Megan when she becomes a teenager :S

    ReplyDelete